Senior Software Engineer
Change how organizations think about and make use of their data.
Gemini Data, a category defining Converged Data Analysis (CDA) company looking for seasoned Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers to join our San Francisco Headquarter to be part of a highly dynamic and talented team of engineers.
At Gemini Data, we carefully mix distributed computing, graph technologies, data science, and AI to make complex IT management easy. Our approach towards solving IT management using modern tech is not about pouring old wine in a new bottle, but a practical and useful way of leveraging these advanced concepts into meaningful practice that makes complex tasks simple, provides meaningful clues to the analysts and operators, and empowers users to focus on high level tasks while enabling AI to pick the grunt work.
- Expert level of at least two of the following programming languages: Scala, Java or Python
- Spark - working knowledge in using Spark preferably with Scala and it’s DataFrame/DataSet APIs
- Knowledge in using Kafka or similar messaging/stream processing engine
- Working knowledge in using Spark MLLIB is highly desirable
- Working knowledge using Clojure is highly desirable
- Working knowledge in using NodeJS is highly desirable
- Design and implement software requirements in compliance with company’s standards and best practices
- Develop highly efficient and scalable components (in a microservices architecture) to handle massive amounts of data
- Responsible for functional and integration testing in order to ensure code quality and data integrity
- Continuously strive for simplicity, efficiency and scalability in algorithms and/or procedures
- Proactively research latest technologies and identify its potential application in company’s software
- Collaborate in documentation and training with other team members
- 4 years experience in writing software with Bachelor/Master/PhD preferably in Computer Science, Electronics or Mathematics
- 10 Years Software Industry experience for the candidates without at least a Bachelor degree.