Sales Engineer - US
US / Remote
A sales engineer is thus both "a salesperson that understands and can apply engineering" and "an engineer that understands how to sell engineered systems". [Wikipedia]
At Gemini Data, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters growth, innovation, and success. Our team places the highest priority on enabling a collaborative environment where every effort contributes both to company growth and personal development. Our manifesto drives each team member to focus on urgency, drive ownership, maintain high performance, demonstrate leadership, be transparent and honest, and – most importantly – have fun!
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can grow with us and the technologies we bring to the world. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. If that’s you – apply now to join our team!
The Gemini Sales Engineer will further the efforts of all Sales and Business Development activities by being an authority on all Gemini (and related) offerings and a trusted advisor to Gemini customers, prospects and partners.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with customers, prospects and other persons in a position to influence business opportunities.
- Manage and execute “proof events” including POC documentation, success criteria, and conclusion meetings.
- Provide technical information on product, service, or equipment by answering questions and providing demonstrations.
- Prepare architecture documents, demos, and product training sessions as needed
- Annotate the progress of all sales and services opportunities in through SalesForce.com
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short and long-term issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to product growth with recommended options and courses of action for winning business
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing assigned team and corporate tasks.
- Attend and participate in trade shows and corporate marketing events as determined by Gemini Sales Management
- Establish thought leadership by producing technical blog posts, white papers, and use cases
Desired Skill and Experience
- Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Value Selling, Presentation Skills, Verbal and Written Communication, Requirements Analysis, Innovation
- Splunk, Elastic or Spark expertise
- Understanding of InfoSec or BI tools and their data analytics principles
- Experience with enterprise IT architectures or Managed Services