Machine Learning/Data Science Engineer
Change how organizations think about and make use of their data.
Gemini Data, a category defining Converged Data Analysis (CDA) company looking for seasoned Machine Learning Engineers and Senior Machine Learning Engineers to join our Marin Headquarters to be part of a highly dynamic and talented team of engineers.
At Gemini Data, we carefully mix distributed computing, graph technologies, data science, and AI to make complex IT management easy. Our approach towards solving IT management using modern tech is not about pouring old wine in a new bottle, but a practical and useful way of leveraging these advanced concepts into meaningful practice that makes complex tasks simple, provides meaningful clues to the analysts and operators, and empowers users to focus on high level tasks while enabling AI to pick the grunt work.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can grow with us and the technologies we bring to the world. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. If that’s you – apply now to join our team!
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe 2) and libraries (like scikit-learn, NumPy)
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python, Scala/Java and R (any good combination of these)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Acquire real datasets & synthesize as and when needed
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Familiarities with GPUs and how to use them effectively and gainfully with ML/DL
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Analyzing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- Supervising the data acquisition process if more data is needed
- Defining validation strategies
- Defining the preprocessing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset
- Defining data augmentation pipelines
- Training models and tuning their hyperparameters
- Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
- Deploying models to production
Desired Skill and Experience
- 4 years experience in writing software with Bachelor/Master/PhD preferably in Computer Science, Electronics or Mathematics
- 10 Years Software Industry experience for the candidates without at least a Bachelor degree
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role