Gemini Data, a category defining Converged Data Analysis (CDA) company looking for seasoned Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers to join our San Francisco Headquarter to be part of a highly dynamic and talented team of engineers.
At Gemini Data, we carefully mix distributed computing, graph technologies, data science, and AI to make complex IT management easy. Our approach towards solving IT management using modern tech is not about pouring old wine in a new bottle, but a practical and useful way of leveraging these advanced concepts into meaningful practice that makes complex tasks simple, provides meaningful clues to the analysts and operators, and empowers users to focus on high level tasks while enabling AI to pick the grunt work.
- Strong database administration knowledge including RDBMS and NoSQL databases like Cassandra, DynamoDB, Riak, MongoDB, Neo4J, Titan dB etc.
- Expertise in SQL and others dB query languages (e.g Cypher, CQL)
- Strong system/admin level knowledge of Linux/Unix
- A good understanding of network technologies, and protocols
- Experience with Docker or Rkt and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS (preferably), GCP, Azure or private cloud or MAAS
- Experience with CI/CD tools (preferably Jenkins and/or Travis, CircleCI)
- Experience with configuration management tools (preferably Terraform)
- Good understanding of Git workflow
- Lead in product deployment, documentation, troubleshooting and remediation of issues escalated from production environments
- Design and implement automation scripts for CI/CD, monitoring and performance testing
- Setup and maintain cloud infrastructure ensuring high quality, security and cost efficiency
- Proactively collaborate in product life-cycle by evaluating and proposing optimizations, improvements and new/alternative technologies
- Collaborate with other team members in the definition and compliance of standards, best practices and knowledge base
- 4 years experience in writing software with Bachelor/Master/PhD preferably in Computer Science, Electronics or Mathematics
- 10 Years Software Industry experience for the candidates without at least a Bachelor degree.