We’re looking for a Controller to join our team to support our continued global growth. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for all areas relating to accounting and reporting, treasury and cash management, designing and implementing accounting policies, and continuously improving procedures and internal controls for our rapidly growing company. You must be a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves type of manager who wants to develop a high-performing accounting team. This is a highly visible position that will work closely with senior management, cross-functional teams, and external partners.
- Produce accurate and on-time month-end close process and related reporting, including revenue recognition, general ledger, accounts payable, inventory, payroll, taxes, etc.
- Continue to refine strong internal controls around accounting policy, financial reporting, and operational processes.
- Help to drive operating efficiencies in the organization by identifying areas of improvement and cost management.
- Serve as the primary liaison with external auditors, tax accountants, and bank representatives.
- Plan for upgraded financial systems vendor selection and implementation.
- Drive the successful completion of the annual year-end audit.
- Develop, manage, mentor, and build a top tier team that proactively drives continuous improvement and works with a collaborative mentality.
- Strong technical accounting skills with solid understanding of GAAP, including software revenue recognition and international consolidations; prior experience in public accounting a plus.
- Experience scaling an Accounting & Finance organization for a fast-growing tech startup with international operations.
- Prior experience with a company selling SAAS, with knowledge of other licensing models and hardware a plus.
- Ability to form strong internal relationships and effectively communicate and collaborate cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with QBO and implementing more robust systems such as NetSuite or Sage Intacct.
- Sincere nterest in mentoring and growing your team members.
- Reliable and conscientious, with attention to detail.
- A drive to continuously improving internal processes and increase efficiency
- A continuous learning mindset is highly valued!